- Where do these boots protect?
Tendon, back and sides of fetlock, inside and outside of canon
- How do these boots protect?
These boots are made with a combination of 3D impact dissipating material used in bullet proof vest and riding helmets to name a few. The material is like a flexible honeycomb cage that compresses, but not fully, to take the brunt of the force at the site where it is applied rather than driving it away from the material as with solid materials
- How do these boots keep legs cool?
Using 3D honeycomb like material, the hot air can not only pass away from the leg, but cool air can circulate within the boot to keep the atmospheric temperature down
- Which disciplines are these boots suitable for?
The La Irenita boots are our most versatile boot, suitable for polo, eventing to dressage, hacking, turnout, and even travel
- Black with white piping and straps
- Imagined by the late international polo vet Dr Jorge MacDonough, designed and tested by HUSK alongside the MacDonough family over a number of years to create the ultimate 3D impact protection with full ventilation to minimise damage by over heating
- Axe and knife tested to demonstrate successful impact protection
- Water passes straight through
- Hygienic – boots can be hosed or washed in a machine at 30 degrees
- Quick dry – boots dry in up to 30min after total submergence in water
- 120g a boot
- Stylish – Boots are designed to fit contour of horses’ legs, cut away at front of fetlock to give freedom of movement